New Hampshire has the broadest definition of "marital property:" it is everything in husband's name, in wife's name, and in joint names. The law calls for an equitable (fair) division. If the court makes the decisions, it will assume that a 50/50 division is fair.
In mediation, you can and your spouse can work out a division that is fair for your family.
Honey Hastings, Mediator
Family Mediation Basics
Adult Family Mediation
Divorce & Parenting Mediation
Premarital Agreement FAQ
Parenting Coordination FAQ
Request for Appointment
• NH Bar Legislative Advocacy Recap
• Major Changes in NH Parenting Law
• New NH Statutes in Family Law
• How can geriatric care management help us make decisions for mom or dad?
• Why double my costs by paying both a divorce lawyer and a mediator?
• All Mediation Blog Entries
P.O. Box 33
Temple, NH 03084
Tel: 603 654-5000