Child support is based on a percentage of net income: 25% for one child, 33% for two children, 40% for three and 45% for four or more. Through mediation, child support may be calculated and details such as frequency, method of payment, and any reason for exceptions. You may also use mediation to recalculate child support.
The need for, and ability to pay, alimony is based on individual income and budgets. Alimony may be for a brief period, for several years, or for an unlimited time. There is a tax benefit to alimony, as the person paying alimony deducts it in his or her taxes and the recipient reports it as taxable income.
Mediation is a safe place to resolve child support and alimony issues.
Honey Hastings, Mediator
Family Mediation Basics
Adult Family Mediation
Divorce & Parenting Mediation
Premarital Agreement FAQ
Parenting Coordination FAQ
Request for Appointment
• Pending Divorce & Parenting Legislation
• NH Bar Legislative Advocacy Recap
• Major Changes in NH Parenting Law
• New NH Statutes in Family Law
• How can geriatric care management help us make decisions for mom or dad?
• All Mediation Blog Entries
P.O. Box 33
Temple, NH 03084
Tel: 603 654-5000