Mediation is a "no-court" way to decide divorce issues. It allows the spouses to make the decision rather than turning the process over to lawyers or judges.
Using the technique "agree first, then file," the divorcing couple remain in control of the process. This means that you and your spouse work out all terms of the divorce before filing the petition for divorce. The divorce is "uncontested" from the date of filing, thus avoiding court events. Other advantages of mediation: it is private; economical; and can be completed in a few months.
Mediation is a safe place to resolve all of the following issues:
Mediation of a legal separation has the same advantages.
Honey Hastings, Mediator
Family Mediation Basics
Adult Family Mediation
Divorce & Parenting Mediation
Premarital Agreement FAQ
Parenting Coordination FAQ
Request for Appointment
• Pending Divorce & Parenting Legislation
• NH Bar Legislative Advocacy Recap
• Major Changes in NH Parenting Law
• New NH Statutes in Family Law
• How can geriatric care management help us make decisions for mom or dad?
• All Mediation Blog Entries
P.O. Box 33
Temple, NH 03084
Tel: 603 654-5000