Many parenting schedules work only if the parents live in the same area. "Relocation" means one parent moving with the child a distance that impacts the parenting. Unless the parents agree to the relocation, the court will apply a 2-step test:
Mediation is a safe place to discuss the possibility of relocation and how it would be handled. If not worked out in advance, mediation is a safe place to discuss the proposed relocation.
Additionally, some parenting plans require that the parents mediate before filing in court.
Honey Hastings, Mediator
Family Mediation Basics
Adult Family Mediation
Divorce & Parenting Mediation
Premarital Agreement FAQ
Parenting Coordination FAQ
Request for Appointment
• NH Bar Legislative Advocacy Recap
• Major Changes in NH Parenting Law
• New NH Statutes in Family Law
• How can geriatric care management help us make decisions for mom or dad?
• Why double my costs by paying both a divorce lawyer and a mediator?
• All Mediation Blog Entries
P.O. Box 33
Temple, NH 03084
Tel: 603 654-5000